Fabric brooches, pinkeep and a drawing


I've been working on some fabric brooch ideas and though theres nothing original about that, I'm hoping to find my own style. I actually think I might have something going with the religious medal idea. These are often worn on bras or pinned to undershirts which gave me the idea of trying to mix with antique lace.
The pinkeep is the one on the left with the house. I like the design but the inside just isn't working for me. More on that another time.
And whats life without drawing? I recently went through more purging and found a copy of the Eden Projects Botanical Illustration Course Book. Project one is an apple
in pencil. However.... Not leaving well enough alone is my specialty. I colored it in.


 Well, thats some semi finished work. Its good to keep stock of successes when things seem chaotic. I guess I'm more in control than I thought. I have a couple other works innprogress but I see them as in between projects. They are bigger whereas Im much more drawn to miniature work of late. I am planning a bit larger scale embroidery next though so we shall see what comes up. 
I'd love to hear from you about your own work.
With love from the frozen tundra. 

Comments

  1. Hello frozen tundra! I'm from the blazing desert. Wish we could meet, somewhere in between. But then maybe we wouldn't have all this time, for crafting! When the weather is bad outside, it's great to have something to do, inside.

    I love your apple, and how you added your own personal touch. Is that soft pastel? My favourite of your fabric broaches, is the vintage one, with metal embellishment. They're all so lovely, but I have a thing for vintage. It's been fun, seeing what you've been creating. Enjoy the muse. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in summer I get eaten by every insect known to man so its no fun then either. Chemo blood must taste nice:) And yes, it is indeed soft pastel. I like the religious medal one the most as well. The others are fun but present their own challenges and feel.

      Delete
  2. I love your ideas and had not heard of those type of broaches before warn on undergarments.. So that was new to me..
    I love what you have created and your apple drawing.. :-)
    I have finished my leopard now and hope to post sometime tomorrow.. Along with some insights that came with it. :-)
    Sending lots of love and I am so happy you are creating.. <3 Love and Hugs xxx :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, only tbe medal is worn. Its pinned with a safety pin to u derclothing. I collect these medals so thought about bringing them into the world of outerwear. Glad you enjoyed and cant wait to see your post !

      Delete
  3. I think that is a great idea.. And thank you for explaining Linda.. Sometime today I am working on the post as I write something to go with the finished painting..
    Sending HUGE Hugs.. and Much love across the ocean xx <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Its great to hear from you.

Popular Posts