Bad Mood Monday: Ode to the Fairy Dust Fart

I actually wrote and then deleted a post that was really negative but not because it was negative so much as it served no purpose outside of being catharctic.

The last few months have been extremely stressful  and trying for me. It looks to me sometimes like I have already died and gone to hell. I never thought I would be eligible for "hell" but I guess I don't know myself very well.

Suffice to say that dying is not all its cracked up to be.  Children of the Seventies-remember all those awful cancer movies? Ali McGraw seemed to be the one who always died. She died loved and lovingly. In one film,  there was a part 2 because that first one wasn't miserable enough for audiences. In part 2, it is revealed that the husband had made Super8 films for the just born daughter they both shared. Ali got to talk all about herself and her dreams for the baby, etc. etc. etc. Everybody loves a cancer (or other terminal illness) patient says Hollywood. Well Hollywood is a lie. The reality is that there are volunteer positions for people to sit with those who are dying alone the world over. Thats the reality. Death Doula is a great profession. Jump on it before Hollywood turns it into something wicked. I would if I lived.

My experience is that its very easy to forget me and judging by the lonely, hurt souls in support groups, this is not just me.  I have very few friends and those that I do have I thought I chose for the quality of our relationships but alas, like so much else in my life, I was wrong.  Life happens and they get busy or they get upset that I am not improving enough to come and play all night long. And thats not even taking into account what cancer really does to peoples lives outside of playtime. Sorry, can't have a drink. No, I don't feel supported. I just don't. Yes, I am a such a drag. 

I have people expecting me to give blanket apologies for things that I have not done rather than sit and talk about the things that I should rectify. I have dug in my heals on that. Likewise, I have people who want me to "forgive" them but only becuase if I don't I will end up in the aforementioned "hell". This is their belief system of course. Their guilt. Its like a deathbed apology is awaiting the princes and princesses of my life. Fuck off, all of you.

The other day, I was contemplating going to see my family when one of them decided to send me a video in which a womans near hysterical voice was speaking about how "near death " experience is a demon ploy to steal your soul and eat your babies no doubt. These demons create illusions of angelic beings and those you find comforting in your history in order to egg you on. You being a fool, fall for that trap every time!  Then they send you back with the notion that by God, you have a special mission to accomplish! Terrible!

I know that sounds like a joke. It is a joke to me. I am sorry that anybody would live in such fear of life that they would put together such blabbering foolery in the first place, but after some thought I believe that if a person is so messed up as to believe this, then you know what? It is well deserved.

Mind you, this was sent from a family member who knows that I am dying. My answer was that people have been dying since the dawn of time and doing it right so yeah, fuck off. And he got made at me? lol.  Again, Death Doula is a great thing people. Jump on it!

Dying for me has been so chaotic that I am unsure what I am supposed to do to prepare to die. I have tried to talk to the children and they ignore me or turn my life into a series of lies and failures.  I have tried to talk to family and they just want fairy dust farts. My husband is not well. But I bet he wants fairy dust farts too.

So what I will do is Death Doula myself. I knew that there was a reason that I accidentally ordered the textbook to the courses!

Please keep in mind that I am lining up second and third opinions, hope is not lost but I am nearing the end of the line on clinical treatment and that is never a good thing. At this time, I am not in treatmend and it feels awful.
I am trying to be proactive.  I am trying to get clear of the people who don't care for me. I think that this cancer has been a curse of some sort. I am an empath and all that hatred is held in my liver along with the cancer. Its not my hatred. Its not even pure hatred. Its the fear others feel when they see me try to live against all odds.

Logic says that is what they really want-for me to live on my own terms,   but that is not what anybody ever wanted. They all wanted to control me, so much so that my dying is on their terms and nobody elses. I was discussing something like this with somebody and it turned out that this was the fact. I asked, "Oh, so all of this has been about you?" Well no wonder then.

 I can only think of one exception in real life and that has been my son though not always in healthy ways.






Comments

  1. Oh Linda... So wish I could just come over there and give you a big hug my friend... Not that it would help much, but it would I hope show you, that you are far from alone.. And I had been thinking and sending you recently.. Revisiting my healing book and saying a few prayers over the names contained in there.. Yours among many others, I log into your blog every couple of weeks looking to see if you have posted..
    So it was great to see you on my blog and I jumped over here and then read your thoughts..

    Its an awful state of affairs, this world.. And the way we all approach death and dying.. Some family are so insensitive.
    And you have had so, so much to deal with alongside your illness, you have also had to cope with your husbands ill-health and your children's ups and downs as they fail or adjust to their own coping mechanisms.

    I was attempting to reply to this earlier today, when a friend who has come back to see his family who emigrated out to Australia popped in to see me.. He was the one who was in my circle who did the Gong Baths. We got talking about the loads we carry around with us, and he opened up about his own hang-ups all stemming from childhood..

    And most of our fears including Death stems from our perceptions we are given as children.

    I so know what you mean when you said about people only wanting you to live on their terms.. How dare you Linda think you can pass over the way you want to.. LOL…

    So pleased to read these lines, when you said
    " I am trying to be proactive. I am trying to get clear of the people who don't care for me. I think that this cancer has been a curse of some sort."

    I think that you should if possible… Often we do not realise that the energies of others can often act like toxins..

    The reason I said to you that I had a visitor, is that I broke off from my reply, and on my return to open my lap top I had an update of a site I follow..
    Its all about Death.. I know…A subject most should be saying we should be avoiding with someone who is running out of all options..

    But after I read your post, then read this article, I thought I would send you the link..
    I was impressed with one sentence which said "
    Dying is the breaking down of one reality in order to make way for another."

    We have to remember Linda not all think as we do..
    Sending MEGA Hugs dear friend.. The link if you want to read the article is
    https://wakeup-world.com/2018/08/15/why-you-no-longer-need-to-fear-death/

    Much love your way Linda… and thank you again for landing upon my own blog.. Much appreciate that you did..
    Love Sue <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You my dear Sue have remained lovingly steadfast in your support for me. I will never forget that. I am not ready to admit defeat but I think its time to consider surrender. I wont decide until my consults are completed.
      I will check the link and come back with more comments. I actually think that we must start talking about death openly. For me, a great part of the fear is a paralysis when I think of it sometimes....to think that mobody can prove that death is nothingness anymore than death being a return to stardust...boggles my mind sometimes. But its unfamiliarity. BRB.

      Delete
    2. Death has never brought me fear, Maybe its because I know there lies something much greater beyond, and from a young child had my spirit companions. We should never give up on life, that is for sure.. I think all that needs to be in place is your own Peace with life and how you, and all of us come to that, wish to exit, as we leave behind our imprints upon others.. And not allowing others to influence our own choices on what our wishes may be.

      Sending love.. I am out for the biggest part of this afternoon, going to say my own last farewells to my last Uncle, who passed on the 4th .. Love and Blessings Linda... and big hugs to you <3 <3 <3

      Delete
    3. I am glad to hear that death doesnt scare you. I am getting better at facing it but I am never certain of what lies beyond so I dont have a belief that makes me fearless. I also have had spirit companions and encounters but see them as seperate from “me”.
      I’m sorry about your Uncle. Hugs and love back atcha Sue:)

      Delete
    4. Also Sue, thats a great link. I’m letting it sink in and might decide to work with him. I think he hit the nail on the head in regards to my attitude.

      Delete
    5. Hi Linda.. Glad you enjoyed the link.. And my uncle was in his mid 80's had a good life, and had made his peace and was ready to take his transition..
      As for your spirit companions as being separate! Why not think of them as being your Higher Self!.. That's how I look upon the one inside my head who answers me back when I get despondent.. The one who picks me up, chastises me, and brings me my answers.. If you think of us all as being pieces of a hologram.. We are all part of the whole..
      Sending Much love.. and Mega Hugs.. <3 💙💜🙏

      Delete
    6. I’m glad your uncle had a full life. Its amazing how people can make themselves ready for the transition. I use distraction as a form of denial I think.
      I never thought to see other beings as my higher self! It sure makes them more understandable to me. I have that voice too:)
      Thats very good advise!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Its great to hear from you.

Popular Posts