Down a Rabbit Hole



Its been a very long month in which my husband and I have had a series of doctors appointments. Because we live in a rural area, any venture off the land means at least a half day away from my studio. Its been draining.

I get uptight if I can't create. I don't take things with me to do because everything is fast paced once there. Besides, this is about relaxing, not filling in time in waiting rooms.

We are also regulars, just like in the sitcom Cheers. Everybody knows our names-from the receptionists to the phlebotomists to the pharmacist and everybody in between. My former chemo nurses come down to hug me when they know I'm around. This is sweet and I love it.  Its just not the space to be creative.

And so now we have 3 days off before resuming next week. What exactly is this all for? We are both doing physical therapy which is great. Thats 2 days a week. My Pet scan came and went. New year, new eye exams, general physical, therapy,  oncology appointments, gastro appoitments, palliative care,  an e. r.  visit and follow up when I managed to butcher my finger with a knife, and.... The biggest reveal.... Garry was approved for liver transplant finally! While that was good news, we are extremely burnt out and need a break.

What happens to me when I don't feel I have time is that I start multiple projects and abandon them. Its excess nervous  energy.
 The above picture has some unfinished business and is a good example of how my brain is wired... Alter? Yes. Collectable shelf? Uh. Huh. Jet black dolls head glued to a candlestick? Check. Hoodoo Florida water? Heck yes!  Lol.

Comments

  1. That sounds exhausting Linda.. I love your picture of your alter.. I checked out the Hoodoo Florida water.. :-) I had not heard of it before.. Very interesting ..
    What projects have you on the go at the moment ?
    And very good news about the liver transplant.
    Sending Love and often call in to see if you updated.. Glad my instincts told me to check in here today..
    Love and Hugs.. xxx <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can smudge yourself using the water. Just put some in your hands, rub them to disperse, then clap 3 times, around throat, heart and solar plexis. Precision isnt that important. Then, rub through hair, face, arms... Etc. It working on negative energy. I also dab on feathers in krder to send to my chikdren.... Something I made up. I think it works. I have embroudery mostly. The rabbit in my picture needs clothing and actually feet! The dolls head is destined for something. I found a jacket I need to finish.... Lol.

      Delete
  2. Down a rabbit hole, with voodoo Florida water. That's the ticket! I've not smelled the stuff, but the description suggest it's like a spicy citrus. I personally luuurve citrus scent. I have some in my coconut oil/cocoa butter moisturizer, I make. My signature smell throughout the day now, is jaffa!

    It's so nice of your former carers to come visit you! I'm sure they love to see you're still here. Maybe not there (in the hospital) - they'd probably love you to be free of it, but here, as in, ALIVE! Personally, I'm glad you and Garry are still will us, and I still get to share in your story. Good things ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaffa? As in orange blossom? Thats another favorite. Yes, yku have the right idea. Its funny but I see it as on the cheap cologne scent side of things but its actually not half bad. Lol. I love citrus too. And thank you Chris. Very few even ask about us these days that it means alot when those who think of us say so. Its very touching in a positive way.

      Delete
    2. Oops! Poor description on my part. Jaffa, is known as the orange and chocolate, flavour combination. When I mix the orange essential oil, with the cacao butter, it smells like Jaffa! When I put it on in the morning, it never fails to pick-me-up! My husband says he just wants to eat me, lol. ;)

      It's a shame there's a lull with people touching base with you. Maybe it's the winter hibernation mode? I hope it thaws with the coming change of season.

      Delete
  3. Loved your reply.. And just dropping back in to see how you are doing Linda.. Sending love and Hugs your way.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to you as well. I'm still trying to bring my focus back to blogging but doing ok otherwise so far. I have to come visit yours because of the earthquake. Meant to ask you if you felt it sooner but time keeps getting away from me.b

      Delete
    2. Hi Linda..just saw this. Answering from my phone. We didn't feel the earthquake .It was in Wales. I've not been in blog land either. Thinking of you much love my friend.��

      Delete

Post a Comment

Its great to hear from you.

Popular Posts