Green green green


I trully am sick of winter, not for its brutality but the lack of color gets to me. Every year, around  this time, I begin working on or buying objects that are green. 
Above, I have finally mastered the crocheted roll stitch. It only too me 50 years. I have literally been crocheting since I was four years old or so. My other non cross stitch gran used to sell granny square ponchos to hippies back in the day. I was a part of her production line.
It helps also to plant seeds this time of year.
In this case, the pea shoots are for eating as is. I have expanded my sprouting repertoire to include microgreens which are tasty and prolific.


Yes, silly old egg cozies, cactus pattern   courtesy of one Winkie Chan.I will update with a link shortly. To that end, we do not understand how to make soft boiled eggs around here. We get the theory and tried every recipe,  but its been hit or miss. So i think that egg cozies are either  a good way to overcook eggs by keeping them warm or else, we can try to undercook and let the insulation bring it to perfection. Or its just a frill. I  clearly am in desperate need of help;) 

Comments

  1. I had been missing green, until recently too! It was a hot, dry summer, and everything turns to brown. Thankfully it changed, as I'm sure winter will, as well. Your sprouts look super healthy.

    From one Granny, to another - mine taught me how to make the perfect boiled eggs. Don't set your timer, until you have a roiling boil, going. For soft boiled: 3 minutes. For hard boiled: 10 minutes. I think your cozies are adorable too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see a post and wonderful you have at last mastered that stitch.. I think I use the basics as I too learnt by heart from others who did the granny squares and when I was 17 made myself a waistcoat and poncho out of squares.. All the rage back then. :-)
    And yes I too am missing Green and colour and long for Spring.
    My hubby makes a fantastic perfect boiled egg.
    And every time I try, its either underdone or solid.
    The trick is like Chris says, he does his 4 minutes. I think I lose track of time. :-)
    Love your egg cosies, And enjoy your pea shoots..

    Speaking of Peas, my sweet peas are just starting to sprout in our allotment greenhouse.
    Sending love. And happy to see you busy creating.
    Sue <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Its great to hear from you.

Popular Posts